The Embertec Emberstrip 8PC+ is a Tier 2 APS that provides surge protection while reducing active and standby power wasted by computers and related electronics. The Emberstrip 8PC+ connects to the user’s computer via USB and uses the PC+ software installed on the user’s computer to detect active keyboard or mouse usage. The PC+ software currently supports Microsoft Windows based computers.
- Determines workstation active plug load usage status through the presence of computer keyboard and mouse activities
- Provides 8 outlets in total, including 2 always-on outlets, 1 control outlet for computer, and 5 controlled outlets for computer peripherals and other electronics
- Selectable inactivity shut-off time delay between 3 and 90 minutes in 1-minute increments
- Requires installing an app (currently available for Windows) on user's computer
The TrickleStar SensorClick is a Tier 1 APS that provides surge protection while reducing energy waste by removing power to electronic devices when not in use. The SensorClick uses a motion sensor with an adjustable countdown timer to remove power supply to the plugged-in devices when an active user is absent from the workspace for longer than the countdown timer period.
- Determines workstation active plug load usage status through the presence of occupant motion
- Provides 7 outlets in total, including 2 always-on outlets and 5 controlled outlets for computer peripherals and other electronics
- Selectable inactivity shut-off time delay options of 10, 30, 60 minutes
- Provides the ability to manually shut off power to the controlled outlets through the button on the motion sensor