The Carrier Connect WiFi Thermostat controls up to 4 heating stages and 3 cooling stages. The thermostat can enable demand response through utility programs. It automatically retrieves time, date and outdoor air temperature when connected to Wi-Fi and sports an auto-dimming display that lights up as you approach.
- Remote sensors (including occupancy, return air or fault) and outdoor air temperature through Internet weather
- Option for humidity/economizer control
- Evaluated by UC Berkeley
The Ecobee supports up to two stages of heating and cooling for conventional systems and heat pumps. Ecobee has optional air quality monitoring, remote occupancy/temperature sensors, and HVAC accessory (ventilator, HRV). Ecobee works with demand response programs and communicates via Wi-Fi. The thermostat provides alerts for freeze protection.
- On-board radar occupancy, VOC/CO2; remote wireless occupancy/temperature sensors
- Pairs with other systems (cameras etc); option for door/window sensors
The Emerson Sensi Touch Smart thermostat has a mobile app to control multiple thermostats. The thermostat connects to WiFi and support geofencing.
- Remote occupancy through geofencing
The NT thermostat supports up to two stages for heating and cooling (conventional) and up to 3 stages of heating/2 cooling for heat pumps. NT can support carbon dioxide sensing. The thermostat provides 19 alerts (such as hi/lo temperature alerts). BACnet/IP and Modbus TCP/IP over WiFi.
- Optional Carbon Dioxide sensor; remote sensors (including occupancy)
- Auxiliary system sensors (door/windows, freezer, SAT) and option for humidity control
- Operation even during network outages
The Pivot smart thermostat by Trane has mobile app to control multiple buildings and set events. The thermostat can be connected via Ethernet or WiFi.
- Remote indoor/outdoor temperature sensors (or use Internet weather)
- Option for humidifier, UV, ventilation/economizer control
- Contractor portal for remote diagnostics